Library Access for Retired Faculty Members:
- All Rice retirees may use all library resources by visiting the Fondren Library in person.
- Emeritus faculty currently have access to all of Fondren Library's resources from off campus.
- Options for non-emeritus retired faculty for accessing journal databases from off campus:
- Sign up for access to the Rice Retired Faculty Digital Library via EZproxy.
Qualifying non-emeritus retired faculty will be invited to sign up via a message to their Rice email address.
Access must be renewed annually. For more info, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Houston Public Library provides a wealth of resources. You don't have to be a resident of Harris County to register for an account, but you do need to be a resident of Texas. See these links for more info:
- https://houstonlibrary.org/az.php (alphabetical list of all resources)
- https://houstonlibrary.org/sb.php (resources by category)
- Though JSTOR is available at no cost through the Houston Public Library to Texas residents, their title list will not necessarily match that provided through Fondren Library.
There are also other options for accessing JSTOR:
- Users can read online up to 6 articles per month for free (80% of JSTOR journal content, ranging from the year 1870 to 3 years ago)
- Individual subscriptions (JPASS): $19.50/month or $199/year